Thursday, January 16, 2014

Crafting with Mom/Nana

My mother is the original crafter. She sewed us mother daughter doll dresses when I was younger. That means that my baby doll had a dress that matched my dress, that matched my mothers. We were awesome. Hey, it was the 90's, this was totally acceptable.

So in July when my mother asked for some help creating some onesies for the first grandbaby, I of course agreed to help. We went shopping and got some plain onsesies, and then got iron on letters and hearts.

Preparation with Nana was pretty easy. I got out my iron on letters and hers, and we created a sheet where we tallied how many of each letter we had, and how many we would need. I highly recommend keeping these types of things with your iron on letters. We all know you're going to end up with a bunch of letters you can't use on anything and absolutely no vowels, but it helps to know just how many packs of letters you need to go buy. I like to write what brand and how big (1 inch) the letters are as well. 

Iron on letters are pretty easy, follow the instructions and don't put the letters on upside down or backwards. Easy as Pie. Here are some prep pictures.


Mom waiting for the onesie to cool. Also shown, the extra t-shirt required for ironing.


Layout prep. So many options!


And the finals:::



No comments:

Post a Comment