Thursday, April 25, 2013

Little Girl Jewelry Boxes

Little Girl Jewelry Boxes

For my Boyfriend's daughter and his niece's birthday's I made them jewelry boxes. I got basic wooden jewelry boxes from Michael's took all the hinges off of them, and painted them inside and out. Twice. Then I sealed them with my glossy modge podge, let them dry overnight, and reattached all the hinge hardware. For Emily I spelled out her name with tiny jewels, for Allyiah, I used sticky letters. Both were available at Michael's and Walmart. I used scrapbooking appliques of flowers and butterflies from Jolene's Boutique to decorate the outsides. I attached them with modge podge ( I LOVE this stuff), let them dry, and then put an extra coat on top to keep them nice. It's been over a year and both boxes look like new. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment